Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hershey's Chocolate


Okie's Challenge from 8/25 sketch #2. I found this stamp in the dollar bin at Michaels. My new favorite store. In the past I would occiaionally shop there, but we don't receive the newspaper so I would never get the coupon. Which in turn is the reason that I never shopped there often. However I love how now they give you a coupon for the next week each time you purchase something. It is kinda dangerous for me, because our Michael's is really close to my office so I tend to venture over alot on my lunch hour. Anyways... I used chocolate paper rectangles cut in 3 differnet sizes. Once I had all the pieces cut, I then shaded the edges with a stamp pad. After that was finished, I layered each rectangle on top of each other using pop dots in between. Then for the wrapper: I used plain old aluminum foil cut a little bit bigger and then crinkled the edges down to make them look unwrapped. I have had this idea ever since I found this stamp. I also can't wait to use this technique on a layout for my dog. He is a chocolate lab, named Hershey. I will post a few photos when I am finished.

2 comments:

  1. Just cameacrossfrom the cricut orum after seeing this fabulous card! It looks so real! I love it! You have a lovely blog I really love your work
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card...I'm definitely a chocolate lover and REALLY appreciate this card. Was the "Hershey" a stamp, too or did you use a font from your printer? I hope you don't mind if I scraplift your idea because I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete